Madaba Plains Project – ‘Umayri 6: The 1996 and 1998 Seasons at Tall al-‘Umayri and Subsequent Studies – Edited by Larry G. Herr, Douglas R. Clark, Lawrence T. Geraty, Randall W. Younker, and Øystein S. LaBianca
Hesban 11 – Ceramic Finds: Typological and Technological Studies of the Pottery Remains from Tell Hesban and Vicinity – Edited by James A. Sauer and Larry G. Herr
Hesban 12 – Small Finds: Studies of Bone, Iron, Glass, Figurines, and Stone Objects from Tell Hesban and Vicinity – Edited by Paul J. Ray, Jr.
MADABA PLAINS PROJECT: – ‘UMAYRI 6: THE 1996 AND 1998 SEASONS AT TALL AL-‘UMAYRI AND SUBSEQUENT STUDIES
edited by: Larry G. Herr, Douglas R. Clark, Lawrence T. Geraty, Randall W. Younker and Øystein S. LaBianca
This volume contains reports on four excavated fields (A, B, H, and L) as well as specialists reports on the pottery, objects, Early Iron Age I Egyptian and Egyptian-style objects, textile artifacts, ceramic technology, production technology of Bronze an Iron Age pottery, ground penetrating radar, an infant burial and a pair of cymbals.
Table of Contents:
- 1. An Overview of the 1996 and 1998 Seasons at Tall al-‘Umayri – by Larry G. Herr
- 2. Excavations and Cumulative Results – by Larry G. Herr
- 3. Field A: The Ammonite Administrative Complex (North) and Western Defense System – by John Lawlor
- 4. Field B: The Western Defense System and Northwestern Domestic Area – by Douglas Clark
- 5. Field H: The Southwest Acropolis – by David Berge and Llyod Willis
- 6. Field L: The Southern Edge – by David C. Hopkins
- 7. The Pottery – by Larry G. Herr
- 8. The Objects – by Larry G. Herr
- 9. Textile Artifacts from the 1996 and 1998 Seasons – by Mary P. Boyd
- 10. The Infant Burial – by Joan W. Chase
- 11. A Pair of Cymbals – by Theodore W. Burgh
- 12. Ground Penetrating Radar – by Jon A. Cole and Gerald Sandness
- 13. The Early Iron I Egyptian and Egyptian-style Objects at Tall al-‘Umayri – by Monique D. Vincent
- 14. Studies in Ceramic Technology at Tall al-‘Umayri 1992-1998 Seasons – by Gloria A. London
- 15. Production Technology of Bronze Age and Iron Age Pottery from Tall al-‘Umayri – by Bethany Reiswig
CERAMIC FINDS: TYPOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL STUDIES OF THE POTTERY REMAINS FROM TELL HESBAN AND VICINITY
edited by: James A. Sauer and Larry G. Herr
This volume is devoted in part to the typological analysis of the Tall Hisban pottery. It comprises some of the ca. 6000 sherds from the 1971, 1973, 1974, and 1976 excavation seasons at the site. It also provides a technological analysis of more than 200 sherds along with six Iron Age sherds from Tall al-‘Umayri, as well as a detailed Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis of 99 Iron Age sherds from Hisban and ‘Umayri.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Introduction – by Larry G. Herr
- 2. The Iron Age – by Larry G. Herr
- 3. The Classical Periods – by Yvonne Gerber
- 4. The Islamic Period – by Bethany Walker
- 5. Ceramic Technology at Hisban – by Gloria London and Robert Shuster
- 6. Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis of Iron Age Pottery From Hisban – by Michael D. Glascock and Hector NeffAddenda
SMALL FINDS: STUDIES OF BONE, IRON, GLASS, FIGURINES, AND STONE OBJECTS FROM TELL HESBAN AND VICINITY
edited by: Paul J. Ray, Jr.
This volume coordinates the reports of a spectrum of specialists dealing with Arab, Greek, Latin and Ammonite inscriptions bone, iron samples, glass fragments, domestic stone objects, ceramic figurines, scarabs, textile tools, cosmetic objects, jewelty, coins and other objects recovered during the excavations at Tell Hesban, its cemeteries, probes and regional survey sites from 1968-76.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Introduction – by Paul J. Ray, Jr.
- 2. The Arab Inscriptions From Tell Hesban – by Ghazi Bisheh
- 3. Latin and Greek Inscriptions from Tell Hesban – by James J.C. Cox, Lawrence T. Geraty, Bastiaan Van Eldern and Volker Langholf
- 4. Ammonite Ostraca from Tell Hesban – by Frank M. Cross
- 5. Terrracota Figurines from Tell Hesban and Vicinity – by Boguslav Dabrowski
- 6. An Early Roman Fenestrated Bowl From Hesban – by Ralph E. Hendrix
- 7. Scarabs From Hesban – by Siegfried Horn
- 8. Glass From Hesban – by Sidney M. Goldstein
- 9. Objects of Stone, Clay, Bone, and Ivory From Tell Hesban and Vicinity – by Wade R. Kotter and Paul J. Ray, Jr.
- 10. Metallurgical Samples From Tell Hesban – by Blair D. London
- 11. The Textile Tools From Tell Hesban and Vicinity – by Elizabeth E. Platt and Paul J. Ray, Jr.
- 12. The Cosmetic Objects From Tell Hesban and Vicinity – by Elizabeth E. Platt
- 13. The Jewely From Tell Hesban and Vicinity – by Elizabeth E. Platt
- 14. Miscellaneous Obhects From Tell Hesban and Vicinity – by Maria-Louise Vollenweider and Elizabeth E. Platt
- 15. The Coins From the Excavations at Hesban – by Abraham Terian
- Appendix: Hesban Object List